The Center for Academic Excellence is pleased to partner with the Tregoe Education Forum (TEF). TEF is a nonprofit organization which equips K-12 leaders and students with proven analytic skills for addressing tough issues.
Products and Services
Workshops for school and district leaders…
TEF’s highly-regarded introductory and advanced workshops equip education leaders with tools for:
- developing high-quality solutions to complex problems;
- securing others’ input and commitment;
- implementing changes and initiatives;
- determining underlying causes of substandard performance;
- resolving conflict; and
- presenting and/or evaluating recommendations.
Online instructional tool and in-service workshops for teachers of middle and high school students…
www.yourtake.org and SCAN®--—an online collaborative problem-solving tool for use in the classroom. Teachers give SCAN high marks for:
- Encouraging students to consider other viewpoints and perspectives;
- Stimulating discussion about the issues;
- Being engaging and interesting to students;
- Expanding student thinking about a topic; and
- Teaching a meaningful problem-solving approach
Over 120 lessons available—lessons deal with socials studies, current events and teen-related issues.
TEF’s problem-solving and decision-making skills have been adapted from the work of Kepner-Tregoe, an international management consulting firm. Since 1958, more than 20 million people have been trained in the use of these same skills. The skills have been used by more than 1,400 of the world’s most influential organizations, including: Corning, Federal Express, Harley Davidson, Hewlett-Packard, Honda, Johnson & Johnson, NASA, Lockheed-Martin, and SONY.